GoGodotJam is an Online Festival with a Jam. As the title suggests, it revolves around the Godot Game Engine and its community.
While the main target group is the core Godot audience, the Festival also focuses on bringing new people into game development as well as showcasing Godot as a solid alternative for people looking to switch engines.
GoGodotJam 1 (First Edition)
The First Edition took place in May-June 2021 and it was met with a great reception.
On the 11th of May, it was officially announced on the Godot’s main website (link here).
The game jam was hosted using itch.io platform (link here).
All events are hosted on Youtube and can be found following this link.
The events hosted by the Godot Creators focused on tutorials, interviews, experiences, showcasing games and more.
The interviews focused on Godot and Game Development topics. Among the interviewees, there were high-profile youtubers as well as godot game developers and teachers:
– GDQuest Interview (link here) 150.000+ subscribers channel
– Jonas Tyroller (link here) 110.000+ subscribers channel
– Goodgis (link here) 50.000+ subscribers channel
– Gotm.io (link here) Godot Games Hosting Platform
GoGodotJam 1 in Numbers
unique visitors on the main website
participants in the Jam section
games submitted in the Jam
hours of quality content
published content videos
GoGodotJam 2 (What’s New)
The second edition aims to make the “GoGodotJam” brand a known name in the Godot ecosystem.
Improvements from GoGodotJam 1
- Unified Discord Server for the community
- Custom Discord Bot that can announce events and more
- A Fundraiser campaign for Godot, GoGodotJam and the Creators
- Timezone-adjusted events
- A new brand identity
New Brand Identity
Use the logos below to promote or write about GoGodotJam. The logos shall not be modified. © Redefine Gamedev.